[SEL] rust help

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Sun May 10 10:36:55 PDT 2009

Hi Tom,
Use some detergent and water to remove the oil you  just put on them.
Then, dilute a pint or quart of molasses with water, one  or two parts water to
molasses and put that in the bucket covering them.   Cover with Saran wrap
to reduce evaporation.  Find a spot in one of your  sheds where you won't
kick the bucket over and leave it until Fall.  At  that time, rinse, wipe dry
and oil.  I think you'll have what you  want.
Regards,
Ron Carroll
Clearmont, MO

In a message dated 5/10/2009 11:15:29 AM Central Daylight Time,

Germoamer at aol.com writes:

Yesterday at the flea market, I purchased a bucket full of sockets  1/4.
3/8, 1/2 drive, Craftsman and SK, for the grand price of  $10.  Well  over
150
sockets and one 30mm Craftsman socket is  worth the $10. We had  rain for
the
past week, and the bucket must  have sat outside, so they are  covered with
surface rust.  This  comes off easily with a wire wheel, but  how to remove
from inside  the sockets?  Right now, after wire brushing the  outsides, I
am
dropping them in a bucket of oil.  If I had a large tumbler,  I  would try
corn cobs.  Any ideas out there?

Happy Mother's day  to all the mothers out there!

Thanks

Tom   Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com