[SEL] Cooper Stover KA info wanted

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Wed May 6 04:10:48 PDT 2009

Hi All

Home after a trip to see my folks in Newcastle and also picked up a free Cooper/Stover KA 2hp engine #179889.
I have not taken much interest in these engines in the past so in fear of asking question that have already been dealt with, here I go:

What is the history of Cooper/Stover in Australia, were they imported or made under licence by Cooper in Oz?

Can anyone date these engines? Serial number KA179889, I would say around 1925-26???

What colours did they come in.

Are there many parts available in Oz? Will unpack it tomorrow, think it needs one part that works off the detent.

What type/brand/size oiler was used on top of the water hopper to oil the piston?

I need the correct crank handle.

More tomorrow when I get some pics

Regards
Peter