[SEL] bearing clearances

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 9 09:52:52 PDT 2009

Peter:

I've been successful with brass/bronze bearings by fitting them just a shade on the snug side then, when first running them, monitor for tightness and heat.  When they get noticeably warm or begin to bind, stop and let them cool.  Lubricate again and repeat the process.  When they're broken-in, they will run continuously without undue heating.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand