[SEL] bearing clearances

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 10:03:21 PST 2009

I agree with Jim. I have a set of el cheapo chinese 5C collets and a couple of blocks that they will fit it, make your bolt from round stock, part it off, put it in the collet block and mill the flats in the mill. If you have a collet closer on your lathe, you could use a square collet and square stock, but lining up the square stock in the 4 jaw is a PITA, especially if you have many to make. Here is a link to what I am talking about, lower right hand side of the page: http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=453&PARTPG=INLMK3&PMITEM=891-6016
I have the set of square and hex collet blocks and they are very handy.

What size bolts do you need and how many? I could get them and mail them to you if you would like.

Later,
Joe

Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy." Spike Milligan