[SEL] OT: Im Back

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Mar 6 07:05:51 PST 2009

I am starting to feel like the computer Gods are picking on me. I
have lost two hard drives and all the data on them in the last two
months. Both were mechanical failures of the drive, not any virus as
far as what the repairman says.
The first  drive only lost a weeks worth of data for me. This time I
lost 2 months of data. I still have the old drive from my old
computer that I supposedly upgraded from so I was able to at least
get what I had up till the end of December 2008. But all of my emails
and documents since then are locked on the dead drive.  One minute it
was working fine the next minute the computer would just not
recognize the drive and it was making a clicking noise.
QUESTION, does anyone have the ability to swap the disks from one
drive to the next? I am told that the companies that does this is way
expensive. And from looking at the internals of another dead hard
drive and seeing how they are asembled its definately a project
beyond my knowledge, skills and tools.      Mark

Mark Shulaw
Bluffton, OH. 45817-9601