[SEL] bearing clearances

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Mar 6 04:37:59 PST 2009

G'day Peter,

>> Also does anyone in Oz know of a source for 9/16" square steel bar. The early
>> R&V's had all square head bolts and will have to make all new ones, NO they are
>> not set screws etc etc etc, we have been there. These bolt are NO longer
>> available, will post that info to my web site tonight.

If you're looking for a project, then make your own.

But if you just want to get your R&V restored, why not buy plain-finish square head
bolts?  McMaster-Carr lists 'em in sizes from 1/4"-20 TPI up to 1"-8 TPI and lengths
from 3/4" to 12".  I use 'em all the time on engine cart projects.  They also have
matching square nuts.

If you need 9/16"-square heads, that would be a 3/8"-16 TPI bolt available in 8
lengths from 1" to 3-1/2".

Since Mc-M is a catalog house, I'd guss that there are a bunch of folks who make
'em.  Let me know if you'd like for me to order you some and ship 'em to ya.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - They also carry 9/16" plain steel square stock in 24", 36", and 72" lengths if
you'd REALLY rather make your own.  8-))

believed to be clean.