[SEL] O.T O.T. O.T. - any chemist on the List?

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Sun Mar 1 23:25:18 PST 2009

If acetone was all they contained, then a wash with water and a blow-dry
with air will do it.  Acetone is very volatile (and inflammable!) so best to
do it out-of-doors and not to use a hair-dryer :-)  As far as I know,
acetone hasn't got any particularly unpleasant characteristics (it's a major
component of nail varnish remover) so leaving a small amount in the barrel
should only result in a strong smell.

All the best

     Pete
--