[SEL] OT - opinion on trailer

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jun 25 07:03:52 PDT 2009

Wanting some thoughts and opinions on my trailer situation.........
I've got a very heavy-duty flatbed trailer. It's a total of 16', 12' flat
with a 4' drop.
There's a 5 ton winch on the front, the winch is so heavy we set it in
place with a loader.
It has long ramps strong enough to handle a tractor.
Plain and simple, it's overkill for me. Heavy, high, and even when I haul
my F20 or a load of engines, the trailer isn't even thinking about it.

It's getting to be too much for me to load my stuff onto a high trailer,
and I haul my car more than anything, tractor only on occasion, and when I
haul engines, it's only a half-dozen, and even at 500 pounds each, that's
no more than my car weighs, so a lower car trailer would do me.

I've been thinking about tossing this out on craigslist as a "trade", like
trade for a car trailer. something lower and lighter, but with a wood deck
so I can haul my engines.

Thoughts? doable?
I'm thinking someone wants to haul a heavier tractor than I'll ever own,
or some real iron and needs a better trailer as far as weight capacity
goes.
I need to haul my cars, my F20 and a few engines, that's it.
This baby EMPTY is too heavy to lift the tongue. It'll handle some real
weight.
No brakes, however - but am sure they can be added easily...

http://theamcpages.com/images/eagle-wagon/eagle-wagon-parked-by-garage28.jpg

http://theamcpages.com/images/eagle-wagon/eagle-wagon-patrked-by-garage30.jpg

http://theamcpages.com/images/eagle-wagon/eagle-wagon-patrip27.jpg