[SEL] Recharging of Maytag coils

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Jun 8 11:40:35 PDT 2009

It should start and run without the condenser but only till the
points burn which can be fairly quickly. The condenser has little to
do with the actual generation of spark, more to do with the
protection of the points from arching and burning quickly. If you try
it without a condenser gap the points a bit wider then the spec .020
to get a clean break or so that the arc flame between the points does
quit due to width of gap.        Mark