[SEL] Restore an old Echo chain saw?

Richard Backus rbackus at ogdenpubs.com
Thu Jun 4 11:20:34 PDT 2009

Hey guys. I was approached the other day by one of the representatives
for Echo-USA in Illinois, where they make chain saws, trimmers, etc...
They want to restore about 8 old engines for a small "museum" they want
to set up in their building. The engines include one of the first US
Echo chain saws (from the late 1970s) and one of the first Kyoritsu
stationary engines, built in the late 1950s. Kyoritsu was the parent
company of Echo. You can see the engines in a blog I posted on
SteamTraction.com, just follow this link:

http://www.farmcollector.com/gaining-traction-steam-traction-engines-on-
TV.aspx

Anyway, they're looking for someone to work with them on their
restoration projects, so if anyone's interested, contact me directly and
I'll put you in touch. Also, if you check out the blog, you'll discover
I was also contacted by a TV production company about a possible
restoration project show. The details of that appear at the beginning of
the blog, and again, if anyone's interested or knows someone who should
be, contact me directly. I can't really speak to the TV idea, because I
don't really know anything about the folks, but the Echo restoration
project is a straight ahead deal.

Richard Backus/Gas Engine Magazine