[SEL] O.T. O.T. Need Help On Water Flow Problem

Bob Willman blcksmth at wcnet.org
Tue Jun 2 21:21:59 PDT 2009

	I would think that very very small holes at the 16 locations so that
the water flow from each is a very small percentage of the flow in the main
pipe so as to maintain constant pressure throughout the system. As it is the
pressure drops after each discharge hole. You could start with a larger
diameter pipe up front and reduce the diameter after each opening which, I
think, is the accepted method.
	If all the holes are already drilled and the system is level, I
would try turning all the discharge holes to the top of the pipe and use a
very slow flow rate in order to fill the entire pipe and let it slowly run
out over the pipe to keep the flow rate slow but hopefully stabilize the
pressure along the whole length.

Bob Willman
Bowling Green, Ohio
The Eagle's Anvil