[SEL] List Maners

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Fri Jul 31 17:32:47 PDT 2009

> Hi Kerry and Peter,
>         (Be prepared for a marathon answer.)
>         Very interesting and relevant thread - sorry I'm only coming in at
> the end but I only get the "Digest version" of SEL and by that time there
> are already many answers (and sometimes the thread is already dead).

Hi Jerry
Well said mate.
As a so called Newbie I can vouch that you have been more than active in
helping where you can and it has been a pleasure in helping you where I can.
I have been a List member for over 10 years, back in the Indiana.edu days.
We have had our spats, our way off topic subjects, our rants and raves. As
has been said, there are other forums also which reduce traffic.
I run the International R&V Engine Register and the help from those guys is
fantastic, when they get slack I give them a rev.
Society in general is giving less of a stuff these days, not just the
various forums, too much apathy in general.

Recently I asked if anyone had an ignitor trip for my Stover KA, right away
Ron Haskell stepped in, he had a spare for sale at a very reasonable price.
I asked for help with the spark plug type, Curt Andree and others came back
with the answer and offers of supplying. For those interested, the answer
was Champion W14.
Both question were not flooded with answers, but those who knew the answers
or could help, did. and I am very appreciative to all concerned. The rest of
the conversations were done OFF LIST.
I make a habit of thanking all that post to me, if I occasionally miss
someone then it was not intentional I can assure you.

Some people sit of their computers all day and expect an answer immediately,
well some of us work, some go to Shows, so be patient.
I only go to SmokStak very occassionally, Patrick Livingstone has been very
helpful in watching out for R&V adverts and questions for me of which I am
also very appreciative.

So all in all, I am very happy with BOTH LISTS.
I always GOOGLE things I want to know first, if nothing shows up that I go
to the LISTS.

Kerry, if I knew about Crossley and National I would be first to help mate,
but I don't., sorry ;-))

My $0.02 worth.

Regards
Peter Lowe