[SEL] List Maners

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 30 17:52:26 PDT 2009

G'Day All

Question in general, is there a increasing lack of people getting involved
in discussion where help is asked.

know I have been there on both sides, and it is frustrating in not getting
an answer (specially English Crossley and National questions).
My thoughts on reasons.
1. I know little or nothing about a particular engine but will wait for an
answer to increase my knowledge.
2. I don't care, I don't have that engine so just delete the post
3. others know better so let them answer (they have in the past).
4. last time I tried to help, I jot blasted by others, so stuff it.
5. last time I tried to help I got no reply so not wasting my time again,
6. I only read the list and seldom post even if I could help.
7. I don't like him so will not answer.

I know No5 gets up my nose, as I get a lot of questions off list, and after
digging data out and replying get no answer, I would say now 50% cannot be
bothered to even thank you.

These lists were set up to help others are we losing that.
Your thoughts

Kerry Morris
Lithgow NSW Oz