[SEL] OT - 3/4 ton truck question (for the pros) Help pleasE?

Ed Herreid bigtime64 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:51:46 PDT 2009

Bill,

I had a similar intermittent problem like below on my Cummins truck.  The caliper would stick and sometimes would heat up and sometimes would do like you describe.  Usually after driving in stop and go traffic.  Then when I would get on the road and moving it would act up.  Stop and let things cool down and the problem would go away.

I checked the caliper several times and could not find anything wrong.  Finally changed it out anyway and the problem still came back again.  Changed the hose on the advise of another old timer and it has not returned yet.

Ed Herreid