[SEL] on facebook? - to Kevin K - OT

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Jul 16 06:28:10 PDT 2009

What cracks me up about FaceBook are the number of people (like my daughters) who
have iPhones (or equivalent) and are 'FaceBook addicted', posting the minutia of
their daily lives on a minute-by-minute basis (and responding to their friend's
similiar posts).  Add to that the games and quizzes, etc. that FaceBook offers and
the 'heavy users' can spend their entire waking lives accomplishing nothing, but
posting much.

Some get so involved that they just unthinkingly disclose too much.  "I'm going to
be away for a month on holiday."  "We just haven't decided on how to safely store
Bobbie's gold coin collection, so it's STILL sitting on the kitchen table!  That
really makes me nervous cos it's worth MILLIONS."  "Do you have our latest address;
it's 69 Dumbo Lane, in LaLa Land."  "Did I tell you how much trouble we had finding
a kennel to board our two pit bulls for our holiday trip?"  "I'm SOOO excited, we
finally leave TOMORROW!  A whole month out of the country!"

You get the idea...

See ya,  Arnie