[SEL] on facebook? - to Kevin K

Paul Pavlinovich pjp08 at steamengine.com.au
Thu Jul 16 01:40:45 PDT 2009

Hi Kevin, this could happen from your SEL postings too - who says
everyone here is an engine person. The trick is to give only the minimum
information that someone could already know from say the whitepages
phonebook (or its electronic equivalent).

Anyone who posts personal or secret information publicly is simply a
fool waiting to be conned. Bring on the etheopians with their surplus
bank balances :).

I probably have more information about myself on www.steamengine.com.au
than I do on facebook.

I agree that facebook is really a marketing machine - but that is easy -
so they target ads at you. So what? You don't have to look at them.
No-one makes you.

I'm not an evangalist by any means and for a long time resisted joining
for much the same reason you give - then I realised it was entirely up
to me just how much I tell them.

Regards
Paul