[SEL] Working Clothes

Renee Mathieson mathjr at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 8 02:21:55 PDT 2009

I agree with you patrick. We are surpose to be restoreres not destroyers. If an engine has a fair amount of original paint and even some pinstriping leave it as it is. Coat it in turps and oil. I was about to buy an expencive engine from Murray Bridge and the seller mentioned that it had been sandblasted. I pulled out of the sale strait away. As far as I am concerned that engine has been destroyed. The before pics show pinstriping and a lot of original artwork and paint. I have bead blasted very rusty engines and oiled them up to try and get the old patina but would never paint or sandblast an engine that showed original paint etc. These engines are still in their working clothes. John Mathieson Eden NSW