[SEL] OT: furnace vs generator

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Fri Jan 30 14:40:12 PST 2009

If the problem was with the thermocouple, I would think that it would
exist when running on "store-bought" electricity as well as "home-
made."  A new thermocouple won't be expensive, and certainly a whole
lot cheaper than your funeral.  If running without a thermocouple, I
wouldn't let it run for a nanosecond unless I was sitting there
watching it.

Rob Skinner
Antique Stationary Engines
La Habra, California