[SEL] Dead Batteries & The Military

Jim Hardman Jim at hardmanfamily.net
Thu Jan 29 09:08:11 PST 2009

Jim, your story does my heart good.

Most of us agree that concrete floors are not a threat to lead acid
batteries.  From personal experience, a greater danger is deep discharge and
forgetting to recharge and adding distilled water.  We now use the little
"battery minders" and believe they have value.

I have also noticed that when a manufacturer says "Three Year Warranty",
they mean just that, plan on needing a new battery about one month past the
warranty expiration.

This old conservative thinks that every young person should have a tour of
duty in the military.  It did me a lot of good.  Thin kids gain weight, fat
kids lose weight and the memories will keep you smiling for years.  "Not
that little mousy kind of rat, I means rat now!"

Jim in Vermont