[SEL] re dead battery

Jim Kirkes jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Thu Jan 29 07:49:52 PST 2009

Once some years ago when I was in the Army they sent me to
mechanics school.  I remember a lecture on batteries in
which the instructor debunked
the concrete floor discharge idea.  He did say though that
if a dirty wet battery was placed on a wet concrete floor it
would probably discharge.  Later when I was back at my
regular company I happened to put some brand new tank
batteries on the floor and was promptly sawed on by a
sergeant who said it would wreck the batteries.  I explained
what I had learned in school and got sawed on some more and
wound up getting some wood to put the batteries on.  One of
the many reasons I did not pursue a military career.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, California U.S.A.
jd.kirkes at verizon.net