[SEL] OT: furnace vs generator

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 06:09:22 PST 2009

Like many around here, my power is out.  I have a gas furnace that runs on 110v and a 5000w generator.  I have disconnected the furnace from the house and installed a 110v plug.  When I plug the furnace in the small burner blower works and the large blower fan runs.  The trouble is that the burner will light but goes out a few seconds later.  Has anyone had this trouble?  How did you fix it.
BTW: I use digest mode and will get your answers faster if you reply directly to me.

Thanks