[SEL] Cracked Head

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Jan 23 12:34:13 PST 2009

Eldon,
	That's a good point.  A little heat will make the epoxy suck
into the crack.  But, if a little heat is used then its probably best
not to use the JB Quick formula.  It sets up in about 5 minutes under
normal (75 degree) temps.  Adding heat can make it set almost on
contact.  I've had great luck with JB Weld and if its just a matter of
stopping a seeping crack on the exterior of a cylinder or head, I'd
prefer it over the other choices (welding or brazing).

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY