[SEL] Cracked Head

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 23 13:06:07 PST 2009

The only things I would add about JB Weld (or Devcon or Belzona) is to make sure the surfaces of the Vee'd crack are extra super clean, clean, clean.

Don't get the edges where you want adhesion too smooth.  You want it a little rough in order to make a good mechanical bond.

Added insurance would be to warm the head with a torch to drive out any moisture that's lurking in the grain of the iron.  Apply the epoxy while the head is around 100 degrees so it will flow into the surface.

Take care - Elden (been there, done that)
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand