[SEL] Where is everyone?

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Jan 23 11:11:42 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----

Trouble is today with all the electronic gizmos you lift the hood you
can't even see
the bloody engine, let alone work on it.  Same goes for the lawnmowers.
A kid just
doesn't have the same opportunity to learn.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie,

I agree.  Today's car engines are not as user friendly as the old ones.
Other than simple maintenance I don't work on my cars anymore.  I do
some on the Cummins 24v but changing injectors and fuel pumps on an
inline six is a lot easier than working on the V8 diesels.

So many of todays products are just replaced when they fail rather than
repaired.  I think that also plays a role in people not learning how to
fix things.

George