[SEL] European Hell On Wheels Tour 2009

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Jan 13 10:57:04 PST 2009

A little over a week ago I posted a message about having another
European engine tour.

This is a small tour group, only 4 people can go with us, as we will
travel around in a 9 passenger van.

I thought we had the group set, but then 2 of the people had to back out
due to various commitments.

So I'm back to looking for 2 more people to take the tour.

To join the tour, you would need to be at Amsterdam on Friday May 29th
by noon.
Sunday June 7th would be the last day of the tour with return flights
scheduled for Monday June 8th.  Of course you can stay longer on your
own, but I've got to return and get back to work!

We'll attend the Nuenen engine show, and then travel around Germany,
Holland, and Belgium to visit private collections and some public
collections.  We try to average a couple collections every day, so you
can expect to see around 20 collections during the 10 days.

A fair estimate of the tour cost would be about $2000, plus whatever
your airfare is.  Note: You don't pay Harry and me the $2000, that's
just an estimate on how much I think a person needs to budget for the
trip.

At the moment, Steve Royster and Larry Anger (both SEL members) are the
ones going with us.

If you're interested let me know.

George