[SEL] United Type A Ignitor Question

Tony Pitts mgomaize at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 13:13:56 PST 2009

Hello,

I have a 2HP United Type A on which the ignitor trip mechanism doe not work properly.  It will not reset on its own to a firing position.  I can manually move the ignitor and it will work.  If I attach a spring to from the mechanism to either post nearby, it seems to pull it too far to work as well.  I know I'm not describing this well, but I am hoping someone can help.  I have posted pictures on Flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgomaize/sets/72157612118856538/

Am I missing a specialized spring or some other part?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Pitts
Ann Arbor, MI