[SEL] Spam> Good deeds are carried on!!

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 10 10:29:54 PST 2009

On the 15 December 2001 I suffered severe brain damage after being knocked off my bicycle.
Engine friends on both lists, (74 of you) subscribed to a fund for me to help while I recovered.
Once I was recovered many months later I re-instated the fund and saved it in a separate account.
A couple of years ago, Bob Bolhuis in Canada was knocked off his motorcycle & suffered similar
brain injuries to those I had suffered. We commiserated with each other over the problems &
I passed on the fund to Bob who was unable to work. (I advised the lists).
Bob rang me tonight and he told me that he had been back at work for about a year.
A female friend of his who was a teacher of handicapped children has suffered similar brain damage
& is having financial problems so Bob has passed on the full amount!!
It is nice to see your generosity of 7 years ago still giving help to unfortunate people.
A good start to the New Year.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/