[SEL] Thread question

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Wed Jan 7 07:33:20 PST 2009

Rick:

McMaster is my supplier of choice.  They don't care whether it's an order for one little part or a truckload.  They have virtually EVERYTHING in stock and they get it out the door in hours!  They must be a HUGE operation......AND....they're run right.

I ordered a varied lot of cast iron bar stock, thick walled pipe, carbide inserts, shim stock, bolts, sanding belts on Saturday.  All but the sanding belts arrived yesterday (Tuesday).  They were shipped from Chicago and will most likely be here today.

Most times, if I can get my web order into them by 10 am, I get the shipment the next day and their nearest warehouse is in Atlanta which is several hundred miles away.

This sounds like a commercial but I've been ordering stuff from electronic and industrial suppliers for many years and McMaster has 'em all beat.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand