[SEL] OT R-10 Borg Warner overdrive.

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:59:29 PST 2009

“I always wondered why my drivers ed. teacher told us to always use reverse when parking.” Not that it’s applicable here, Curt, but with engines with timing belts it’s best to use
first or reverse, whichever would be appropriate for the direction the car would roll if
it could.  Turning a timing belt engine backwards can cause all sorts of mayhem.
“I'd pulled several manual gearboxes apart by then and knew the ration was the same for
first vs. reverse,…” Not necessarily. There's no mechanical reason this should be so. Lots of transmissions
are slightly higher (lower numerically) geared in reverse than in low.

Bruce Younger

05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68

Madison, SD

sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway