[SEL] Pioneer Gen-E-Motor

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Feb 28 10:33:10 PST 2009

At 07:00 PM 28/02/2009, Peter Ogborne wrote:

>Message: 2
>Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:51:15 +0900
>From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>
>Subject: [SEL] Pioneer Gen-E-Motor
>
>Pulled something out of the shed the other day.I was given a small gen set
>,something like a Cooper RV .Badged Pioneer Gen-E-Motor. I beleave it
>would have had a direct drive early model Briggs on it .As it was given to
>me itwas pulley driven the original engine crankcase and crank
>retained....all other bits of the engine gone .Anyone know anything about
>these gen sets ? I am thinking of adapting a Mk 10 Villiers to the direct
>drive.. as I think it would be impossible to get the original Briggs engine.

Hi Peter,
         Long time no hear.
         I have one of those direct coupled to a 1946 Briggs & Stratton NP
and it is all original. I've had it running but the Briggs needs a rebore -
parts are already bought - one of these days I'll get them from the USA.
         The Briggs N (or in his case NP) was one of the most prolifically
manufactured Briggs motors and you should not battle to find one but the
Villiers should work fine if you can live with an "American/English"
marriage !! :-) (Speaking from memory The "P" in "NP" only denoted that it
was a model "P" made specifically for a particular use.)
         Apart from the rebore needed mine works very well - the pushbutton
start is a nice feature. It is called a 12 volt battery charger.
         Also search for "Pincor" - Pioneer Gen E Motor  Corp. changed
their name (or label) to Pincor at some stage. Another name to search for
is "Blue Diamond". Lots of info on Smokstak and some more on EDGETA/ASECC
(sp?).
         If you need pics or other info I should be able to help (but I'm
not an expert).
         I've also drawn the Pincor decal for printing in anticipation of
getting mine finished if you need one.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>