[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 59, Issue 25

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Feb 26 12:04:40 PST 2009

At 07:00 PM 26/02/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 13
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:37:28 -0500
>From: Mark Shulaw <frappi at wcoil.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Back to the Briggs coil
>To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>Cc: Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za>
>
>Hi Jerry,
>No, you did not. Its not right for the Maytag. The coil listed will work in
>a Briggs built with points ignition but only after you have disconnected or
>removed the old points and condenser.

<very big snip>

Thanks Mark,
         That is the answer I was asking for. It just means I've lost a lot
of "Beer Money" but I pay for my mistakes myself <grin>.

         In that case does anyone know the correct part number for the
original Briggs coil that was used in their twins before anyone even
thought of the solid state ignition?

         I'll do a bit more research on this side.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>