[SEL] Buzz saw

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Feb 23 07:58:27 PST 2009

With a hammer ;-)

My father had a factory made fixture for setting the teeth on buzz saw
blades.  Next time I go visit my mother I'll have to dig it out and take
a few pictures of it.

To use it you take the saw blade off the saw and place the fixture on
the shop floor (or you could use a work table).  You position a saw
tooth over the striking spot and hit the saw tooth with a hammer.  You
then turn the blade to skip a tooth and do every other tooth.  After the
one side is done, you flip the blade over and do the other teeth.

I have a 30" buzz saw  at home and we set the teeth on it several years
ago using that fixture.  Worked great.

George