[SEL] Alpha-Numerical Punches - Anyone is Aus. want to loan to me?

Jack nadejack at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 11 22:00:27 PST 2009

===
Where are you, Ash? Does "Westnet" imply Perth?

I have an old but good set of letters and numbers which I assume are
Imperial. The square shank measures 5/16", but it is difficult to know
just exactly how your 5mm dimension is applied.
e.g., in my set, from the top to the bottom of the cutting edge of the
letter "O" measures 5mm as compared by eye with a vernier caliper, but
the overall height of the impression made in, say, aluminium, is about
5.3mm.

Depends how soft is the material and whether you have a calibrated
hammer/wrist combination.

JW² in W.A. (not WA)
===