[SEL] Cordless Tools (Semi-OT)

germoamer at aol.com germoamer at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 16:55:56 PST 2009

Arnie,

Do not know of any adapters for the DeWalts.  But winter has set in  and
good time for OT's.  I have a bunch of DeWalt tools and seem to have  better
luck with the life of 12 volt batteries lasting longer than 18  volt.  I have
had 12 volt batteries last for years and for some reason the  18 volts do
not last any time. Some in less than a year. The best luck  I ever had was
with a 15 volt Craftsman drill.  The batteries lasted for 7  years before
going bad.  If you take them to a battery rebuilder, they want  3/4 the price of
new batteries. And if you catch the 2-pack 18 volt on sale can  buy new
ones cheaper than rebuilds.  Probably would be a smart idea to  learn to
rebuild them myself!

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com