[SEL] New Topic Hills Diesel/revisit

Ted & Sue Domeney dombros2 at clearmail.com.au
Tue Dec 22 23:54:01 PST 2009

Hi there Jerry
 Yes, you are correct the Tillings Stevens engine seems almost identical =
    to the Hill Diesel.  I have one sitting here waiting to be set up on a base.(TS3 that is)

 The other engine maker that built "headless" engines (opposed piston =
    engines) was the German company Junkers, but they were a vertical design =
    not horizontal. One piston works conventionally from the crankshaft, but =
    the other comes down from the top and this gives a compression point =
    halfway up the cylinder. The top piston is connected by two straps or =
    rods to the crankshaft.
    Always pleased to hear of other variations and other makers of these =
    interesting 2 stroke diesels.=20
    Thanks again Jerry.
    May I wish you and your family and all other readers a happy Christmas =
    and a safe and healthy 2010.
    Teddy