[SEL] Way OT...2002 Avalanche 1500 front differential

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Dec 12 19:11:27 PST 2009

Thanks Dave and Al for taking the time and effort...means a lot!

Well here's a pix of the drain plug...that's metallaic fuzz and we say in
the aircraft world...not many chips.  There's an 1/8" dia. x ~3/8's long
magnet in there somewhere.

http://family.webshots.com/album/575899863snXacI

Took over 7 hrs for the local Chevy dealer to call me back.  The assembly is
no long available and have to wait till Monday to find the proper rebuild
replacement.

I don't think a repair is in order with all that fuzz floating around so
will go with replacement.

And Al thanks for the R&R info.  It looked like a drop-out, drop-in
module.....do appreciate the info.

Merry Christmas all;
Rick