[SEL] Gib key puller revisited

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Aug 31 09:28:41 PDT 2009

Hi Guys 'n Gals,
         Many of you will remember the gib key puller I designed a few
years back and had an article published in the Oct/Nov 2007 edition of "Gas
Engine Magazine"
         I've just had another difficult gib key to remove - this one on a
relatively new (1953) Lister CS 5/1. It was not rusted but had just been
hammered in too tight and had paint on it to make matters worse.
         I combined my ideas with a method described by Kerry Morris from
Australia to make this one. It worked very well. Thanks for sharing your
ideas Kerry.

I've put a page here:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/gibpull/page2.htm>
for whoever would like to see it.

The page on my original puller is here:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/gibpull/index.htm>

and Kerry's page is here:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/kmorris/Webpages/National%20Key.html>

Thanks again to you Kerry for sharing your expertise.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>