[SEL] snake OT

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 16:53:15 PDT 2009

About 40 years ago we made trip out to Montana. On the way back it was all in a heavy rain
Driving a couple hundred miles running over thousands of snakes per hour was cool.
They were way too thick to stop and get out of the car.
When it finally got to where we couldn't see more than a dozen at a time in the headlights my step-father stopped the car and used his handy slingshot and a handful of ball bearings to shoot a dozen diamondback rattlers in the head then he cut off their rattles.

I guess they were his war trophy.
??????

Right now a lady at work is very happy to have a large mystery snake in her garden eating all the bugs.
Just today though she told us that it was hissing at her when she was trying to pick some zucchini.

Alan in Michigan