[SEL] snake OT

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:23:48 PDT 2009

Blacksnakes are harmless.  We had numerous around our old home in Kansas.  Some would show up in the spring, identifiable by marks, coloration, or wounds.  The biggest we would pick up and handle for a short while, and he/she would relax while being stroked.  We would measure the critter by laying it out on the one foot tiles on the kitchen floor.  He would gain nearly a foot a year.  They were always welcome because they kept down the rodents, and we lived next to a large wooded area that supplied plenty!

Bruce Younger

05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68

Madison, SD

sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway