[SEL] Looking for small alternator.

kimmell at verizon.net kimmell at verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 14:55:00 PDT 2009

Elden,
Why only 20 amps?  Most automotive alternators that I've messed with have a capacity of at least 60-80 amps, all the way up to 160 amps for the heavy duty ones.  If you're building a regulator it shouldn't really matter though.

Most of the older Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles from the 70's and early 80's used external regulators.

-Tony

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect