[SEL] touch paper/now Field Marshall tractors

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Aug 11 10:48:54 PDT 2009

Jerry,

I make my starting papers using what we call construction paper (used by school kids to make art projects).  Never hear of using cloth, but don't see why it wouldn't work.  Might have to soak some of my old denim with saltpeter and see how it compares with the papers.

I could see where it might glow longer than the paper ones.

All this Field Marshall take makes me think I'd better start mine this year.  Won't be this week as we leave early in the morning to head to a show in Nevada this weekend.

Although a FM is a tractor and might be off topic for some, I kind of look at it as being a 1 cylinder diesel engine that is self propelled ;-)  When I take mine to a show I usually don't drive it around much, much more time is spend demonstrating the starting process and just listening to it run a bit with that steady pomp-pomp-pomp sound.

George