[SEL] Stuck Piston Rings

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 07:18:16 PDT 2009

Hi Ed

A word of advice from one on the same team as your wife (last time I
went to a movie I came home to find an R&V on the kitchen table, being
pinstriped) - beware of the SMELL when cooking engine parts.  It might
give you away!  Again, I'm speaking from experience here, when the head
from a Petter Atomic had some overnight heat treatment in my Aga
cooker.  It was some days before the smell and taint went.
So just bear in mind that your idea of "fun" might not be quite the same
as Mrs Stoller's.
Hope this helps,
Dolly

--