[SEL] Favorite portable shade

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 03:11:39 PDT 2009

I started with a plain 10' X 20' canopy like this one.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=102508

I then found that chain link fence top rail pipe was the same outer size so I replaced the "rafter" pipes with longer ones so I now display under an 18' X 20' canopy.
Buying more pipes, connectors, ball bungies and different sized tarps my canopy can now be put up in these sizes.
10 X 10
10 X 20
18 X 20
18 X 30
18 X 40

I use steel T-posts to hold it down unless I am setting it up one a hard surface then I use sand in 5-gallon buckets.
I like the T-posts because of these tools.
http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.php?prod_id=446&cat_id=47
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=t-post+puller

Alan in Michigan