[SEL] piston rings

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 04:41:16 PDT 2009

Andy,

The wire method is something I have never thought of.  These rings are  !/2
inch wide and 5 inch diameter, so pretty strong to expand and slide  over
the piston.  Edd, you are right, it is expansion over piston, not into
cylinder which is not a problem on this engine.  Sending Millie by the  truck
repair shop and see if they still have the larger pliers and would lend  them
to me again.  If not, I think I will buy a big pair and have them for  my
future use or the auctioneer after I am gone!

Thanks,

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com