[SEL] piston rings

rustyiron1 rustyiron1 at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 27 01:47:19 PDT 2009

Hi Tom.
What I've used on large piston rings, is two pieces of Auto wire tide into
two loops.
Make them about 2.5"Dia, place one end on the end of the ring and the other
over your thumb,
do this to both hands.
With the thumbs through the loop and attached to the ring ends, you should
be able to pull the ring apart enough
to slide over the piston, and still control the ring from moving up or down
with the rest of your hand.
Be careful I also have broken some rings!