[SEL] Penetrating oil

Ron Frost ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 13:48:02 PDT 2009

I bought a can of Asetone and a quart of ATF fluid and mixed up a little about 50/50. Took an old rusted 1/2 bolt and nut I had handy and run the nut on to the bolt about half the thickness of the nut. Then clamped it on a vice with the nut up. Then poured enough of the nixture unto the recess  till it was full. After a couple minutes I noticed a small eddy on top of the liquid and it seemed to continue until the mixture had worked it way down thru the threads. There must have been some sort of chemical reaction to cause the turbulance.

 Ron Frost
  http://picasaweb.google.com/ronfrost217/MyPhotos

Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise