[SEL] Penetrating Oils

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Apr 9 06:11:54 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 08/04/2009, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:28:18 -0400
>From: "Judge Tommy Turner" <lcjudge at scrtc.com>
>Subject: [SEL] Penetrating Oils
>
>A friend, who is an SEL member, sent the info below.  Quite interesting.
>Looks like I might buy a can of acetone and ATF.
>Tommy Turner
>Magnolia, KY  USA

Hi Tommy,
         Very interesting post - thanks for sending it.
         I've got an unopened bottle of ATF on my shelf and have not had an
automatic for over 20 years - now I can use it!! Acetone in stock as well -
used for cleaning up when using Polyester resin (fibre glass).

         A tip re. acetone - I also use it for thinning "Hammertone" paint
- it makes it "hammer" much better than ordinary lacquer thinners.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>