[SEL] O.T. eMail address

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Apr 7 02:00:44 PDT 2009

Hi All,
         Starting today our ISP is moving our email server to a new machine
which also uses new software. They have promised that there will be no
disruption or mail loss but I'm not so sure :-(

         The old server has been giving a lot of trouble of late and kept
on crashing. (I think it ran out of paraffin :-) !). Our mail is still
going to the old server and then forwarding it to the new server until the
whole thing is running smoothly again. This worries me because I have a lot
of filtering rules set up on the old server and I'm not sure how this
transition is going to handle them.

         I'm only mentioning this on the list because I receive quite a few
mails "off list" from members (mainly about tags). I always try to reply
within 1 (or 2 at most) days so if you do not get a reply in this time
please resend.

         Although our email addresses WILL NOT change I've set up a new
email address on the new server as a temporary measure, just in case.
Mail to this address will go direct to the new server without being first
routed through the old one. Use this address ONLY if you do not hear back
from me within 2 days and it is also only a temporary arrangement (a few
weeks at most).
The temporary address is <jerrye at atech.co.za>

         Thanks and also "sorry" to use the lists for this.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>