[SEL] independant harvester

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 24 16:44:41 PDT 2008

Craig

I am sending you off list 2 pages from an Independent Harvester catalog.  It covers the 1 3/4 with little information.  Later, They rerated it to a 2hp.  The decal also changed from a script to a block letter format.

>From our knowledge in the area, it was the only engine that they built in Plano, IL.  The 3hp rocker arm version and 4hp Sideshaft that I have were built by Rockford (later Emerson Brantingham) and sold by Independent Harvester.  There is a likeness of the Independent 1 3/4 to an Emerson as to the basic block, but that is where it seems to end.

I also have an older catalog that has an image of an Independent Harvester inverted vertical that has yet to be identified.

I am also checking on Decals for you.

Steve