[SEL] Villiers C12A - 04 - 09

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:45:55 PDT 2008

On 20/09/2008, Al Harris <al.harris at rustic-engines.com> wrote:
> Can someone inform me about the correct way to remove a Phelon flywheel
> from this beast?
>
> There is no apparent fitting points to use a standard puller (thread or
> hook types) and the flywheel is keyed.
> Cheers,
>
> Al Harris

Al:

I checked my Villiers books for the F12 and F15 engines, the later
engines with electronic ignition have no instructions for flywheel
removal at all.

I'd suggest that the dealers would probably have to drill and tap
those holes for a puller to get the flywheel off.

I'd not hit the flywheel too much, it is only alloy and if it gets
distorted it will cause running/balance  problems or shed a magnet.

Earlier Villiers flywheels used the self-extracting hub nut as you
probably know.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes